When it comes to using SmartThings, there really are a ton of options for monitoring your home and keeping you safe. One thing that often gets overlooked, however, are leaks. Whether it be old pipes, a washing machine, a hot water heater, or even an old fridge — leaks can happen at any time and either ruin your day or damage your property. Thankfully, the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor can give you peace of mind for just $20. Here's how to use it.
Products used in this guide
- Amazon: SmartThings Water Leak Sensor ($20)
How to set up the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
Perform these actions in the SmartThings app:
- Add Device > Add Device Manually > Water leak sensor > SmartThings IM6001-WLP0
- Remove the battery tab on the sensor marked Remove when connecting.
- In the app, tap Next then scan the QR code on the back of the sensor.
- Your SmartThings hub will search for the device. Once it's discovered, tap Save > Done.